Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ok. here i go.....

I am not sure why starting a blog can feel like such a scarey thing to do.  Even as i begin to write each new sentence, I can't help but feel slightly anxious knowing that as soon as i hit the "publish" button my every thought and/or spelling or grammar mistake will be out for everyone to see.  Oh well, here i go...  Over the past few months I have begun to read a blog or two.  Yeah I know that i am way behind the rest of the world, as blogging is not really a new concept.  However, what i notice is that people will say exactly what they are thinking online.  There are no real boundaries as to what is politically correct or what is deamed appropriate.  Everyone seems to have a very strong opinion and can blog relentlessly for days about it.  Most people could care less about what other people think about their comments.  I am not that bold, but I have great respect for those fearless bloggers.  It is partially because of them that I am beginning my own journey into blogging.  My purpose for my writing is 2-fold.  To pursue a dream and to inspire others.  The first reason for my blogging is the fact that i have secretly wanted to write for the past few years.  Be it a book, an article, or obviously a blog.  I just want to write.  Sometimes taking that first step towards what we want to do can be the most difficult step in our journey.  So many of us have dreams that remain just that, dreams.  We become so scared that we might fail that we never even take the first step.  We become paralyzed by our fears only to find out in the end that we still fail for lack of even trying.  I went to a concert last weekend for a friend/co-worker of mine.  His dream is to be a rap star.   This may not sound too out of the ordinary, however, he is the first white, Jewish rapper that i have met.  And to be completely honest, HE WAS AMAZING!  It was hard to believe that was really him on the stage, living his dream.  Although during this first concert he only performed 3 songs, the promoters were standing right there waiting to set up his next performance.  You can check him out at http://www.itsblastfome.com/.  What if we all did the very things we were scared of?  What would you do if you knew you could not fail?  What if we stood by our dreams regardless of what other people would think or say? I wonder how many of us would actually suceed just because we tried.  This applies to anything from weight loss, to your dream job, to a marathon, to that one thing you have always thought about doing but never did.  So, this is my start of my journey.  May I inspire you to do that thing you have been thinking about.  You all know what it is.  Here we go...      

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Now lose your fears and tell me how fine I am.

    ReplyDelete